Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Challenge 365 Day One

All these ideas swirling in my head. All these great things I want to do overwhelming my brain. All that I want to be standing before me impatiently waiting for me to do the work and achieve. Yeah, it's time. I've got to push past this procrastination and fear. I am more than I am. I try to be in the present but this is not the present I'm to be in. Time to break this cycle of struggle. The two words I heard in my spirit just before the new year were change and restoration. The last few years have been so hard and I've just reacted. Now it's time to be proactive. To start. Somewhere. Anywhere. Right now.

I forgive myself of all the false starts. I release the disappointment. I silence the negative voice in my head that tells me I'll just give up; I won't finish.

If I want better for myself (and I do), for my family (again I do), then I've got to do better. Starting now. Starting with this post. No apologies for yesterday because I can change none of that. No regret for what's lost because what's for me will be found again. Eyes forward.

Let me tell you what this blog will entail. It's going to be a blog dedicated to Cannon Challenge 365. For one full year, I will embark on different (safe) challenges I see on the internet. The first one is an ab challenge, the one pictured.
This blog will talk about how I feel undertaking the challenges. Sometimes I'll vlog my progress or a review.

Since I just completed day one of the ab challenge, I'll go ahead and give it a start.

How did I feel before starting? Tired.
What made me remember today's challenge? A friend posted an update on Facebook (I'm behind; the group's on day 11).
What made me get up and do it? I glanced at the chart, saw how easy of a start it would be, then figured if I didn't move right then, I would never do so. I got up. I did it.
How did I feel during the challenge? It's only day one so everything was pretty easy.
How did I feel after the challenge? My stomach did keep clenching after I was finished. After having twins last fall, my body's pretty out of shape.
Level of difficulty: Pretty easy so far. Ask me in a few days.

I already know what my next challenge will be (see pic below):

I saw the author on the Steve Harvey Show and he highly endorsed it. As she explained what went into the smoothies, I thought to myself that it didn't sound gross. So I'm going to try it. If you're inclined to begin this with me, you can click the picture to go to the Amazon website and order. Now I don't know if I'm going to wait until I'm completely done w/ this ab challenge or if I will begin it next week. Considering it deals w/ food, I want to keep a physical challenge in the mix as well so I'm leaning heavily to beginning this smoothie challenge/cleanse next week.

I'm also currently on day 11 (I think) of a financial challenge-- not spending any of my change, dollars only. It's working well so far. That one I'm trying to keep up for 100 days. At the rate I spend for lunch/dinner takeout that should be about $100. Smh.

Anyway, what do you think about doing simultaneous challenges? Let me know in the comment area.

Ps & Qs,
~Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment